Can you give me flags on #channel?
As a general rule, QuakeNet staff will not give you flags on a channel. The only exception is if the channel / owner auth has been taken over and ownership of the channel "stolen". If this has happened to you, contact #help for assistance. Please note that only the original owner of the channel will get this help. If you are his friend, a +o or a +m of the channel you have to wait for the owner to come online.
If you have given someone else +n and they have then taken away your +n, this does not constitute a takeover. Everyone with +n access is considered a full owner of the channel, and can remove people as they feel like - that includes you, even if the channel was originally yours. Read more about what isn't considered a takeover at QuakeNet rules. Do not give +n to anyone you do not trust 100%!
If your auth has been suspended, the account has expired or you have chosen to make a new one, you will have to ask a channel owner (+n) or master (+m) in the channels you were in to add you back. QuakeNet staff will not "reimburse" the flags you have lost on the old account.
If you were the only owner of a channel on a suspended auth you will have to wait for that auth to expire (after 180 days) then ask someone with +m (or +o if nobody has +m) to REQUESTOWNER on the channel.
Other help articles under General Help
- Can I join QuakeNet staff?
- Can I register my nickname?
- Can you give me flags on #channel?
- Contact information.
- Do you support IPv6?
- How do I add/remove someone on a channel?
- How do I link a server to QuakeNet?
- How do I register my channel?
- How do I set/unset channel/user modes?
- I am banned from a channel for no reason, why?
- I'm G/K-lined, what can I do?
- I own a channel - what are my responsibilities?
- I've banned a user, but he keeps on rejoining. What to do?
- I've lost my password!
- I want a channel but there is already someone in it. What can I do?
- My channel is G-lined, what can I do?
- My #channel is suspended/G-lined!
- Nobody has ops in my channel, what can I do?
- People are flooding me, what can I do?
- People are join/part flooding my channel, help!
- Someone has taken my nick.
- Someone is abusive towards me, what should I do?
- Someone took over our channel!
- There is only Q/someone on a channel, can I have that channel?
- What are IRC Operators?
- What are the official channels?
- What channel modes are available on QuakeNet?
- What do those G-line reasons mean?
- What do those quit messages mean?
- What do those symbols before channels in a WHOIS mean?
- What is a g/k-line?
- What is a 'mask'?
- What is a QuakeNet account?
- What is IRC? What is an IRC Network?
- What services does QuakeNet have for its users?
- What user modes are available on QuakeNet?
- Why can't I remove channel mode +d?
- Why can't I see people joining my channel?
- Why do I get error 'bad username' when I try to connect to QuakeNet?
- Why do I receive "Cannot send to channel"?
- Why should I use QuakeNet?