What are the official channels?
QuakeNet has 3 official support channels. These three and their functions are explained below.
This is the number 1 channel for your questions. #help supports users with their IRC and QuakeNet related problems. Subjects outside these areas are guided to other semi-official (such as #advice) or unofficial channels. Here you can ask, for example, about problems with our services or channel management issues. This is also the only channel where you can get a ticket to the IRC operator channel #feds.
You can only join this channel if you have been granted a ticket for #feds in #help. This is QuakeNet's IRC operator channel, which deals mainly with trust issues, takeovers and other sort of abuse. More information can be found at the #feds FAQ.
This is a support channel for the IRC client mIRC. The channel deals with all sort of mIRC-related problems, such as scripting and configuring the client. More information can be found at their official Website.
NOTE: QuakeNet staff don't get paid for their work. They are all doing everything voluntarily, they have real lives, jobs, families, mortgages etc. Therefore it might take some time to get help in their channel. Don't expect the staff to get fired from their real life jobs just because you demand urgent help. So please be patient, and if you don't get a reply, come back later.
Other help articles under General Help
- Can I join QuakeNet staff?
- Can I register my nickname?
- Can you give me flags on #channel?
- Contact information.
- How do I add/remove someone on a channel?
- How do I link a server to QuakeNet?
- How do I register my channel?
- How do I set/unset channel/user modes?
- I am banned from a channel for no reason, why?
- I'm G/K-lined, what can I do?
- I own a channel - what are my responsibilities?
- I've banned a user, but he keeps on rejoining. What to do?
- I've lost my password!
- I want a channel but there is already someone in it. What can I do?
- My channel is G-lined, what can I do?
- My #channel is suspended/G-lined!
- Nobody has ops in my channel, what can I do?
- People are flooding me, what can I do?
- People are join/part flooding my channel, help!
- Someone has taken my nick.
- Someone is abusive towards me, what should I do?
- Someone took over our channel!
- There is only Q/someone on a channel, can I have that channel?
- What are IRC Operators?
- What are the official channels?
- What channel modes are available on QuakeNet?
- What do those G-line reasons mean?
- What do those quit messages mean?
- What do those symbols before channels in a WHOIS mean?
- What is a g/k-line?
- What is a 'mask'?
- What services does QuakeNet have for its users?
- What user modes are available on QuakeNet?
- Why can't I remove channel mode +d?
- Why can't I see people joining my channel?
- Why do I get error 'bad username' when I try to connect to QuakeNet?
- Why do I receive "Cannot send to channel"?