Why should I use QuakeNet?
QuakeNet is a gaming-oriented IRC network, home of tens of thousands of gaming and non-gaming related channels, with users from all around the world. It’s a great platform for anyone interested in anything gaming related, even if you don’t want to take an active part in the chat.
The vast majority of the channels on QuakeNet are created by regular users and are open for everyone wishing to join. Creating channels is very easy, anyone can do it. If you have a gaming community, fan-base or if you just have a share interest with a group of people, you’ll soon find having an IRC channel can be very beneficial.
QuakeNet often sponsors certain channels dedicated to gaming events, sports events and official game channels. We also occasionally hold early beta game keys giveaways, game upgrade giveaways (for mmo-rpg games), and gaming hardware giveaways.
To get started and find a channel that interests you, click here.
Other help articles under General Help
- Can I join QuakeNet staff?
- Can I register my nickname?
- Can you give me flags on #channel?
- Contact information.
- Do you support IPv6?
- How do I add/remove someone on a channel?
- How do I link a server to QuakeNet?
- How do I register my channel?
- How do I set/unset channel/user modes?
- I am banned from a channel for no reason, why?
- I'm G/K-lined, what can I do?
- I own a channel - what are my responsibilities?
- I've banned a user, but he keeps on rejoining. What to do?
- I've lost my password!
- I want a channel but there is already someone in it. What can I do?
- My channel is G-lined, what can I do?
- My #channel is suspended/G-lined!
- Nobody has ops in my channel, what can I do?
- People are flooding me, what can I do?
- People are join/part flooding my channel, help!
- Someone has taken my nick.
- Someone is abusive towards me, what should I do?
- Someone took over our channel!
- There is only Q/someone on a channel, can I have that channel?
- What are IRC Operators?
- What are the official channels?
- What channel modes are available on QuakeNet?
- What do those G-line reasons mean?
- What do those quit messages mean?
- What do those symbols before channels in a WHOIS mean?
- What is a g/k-line?
- What is a 'mask'?
- What is a QuakeNet account?
- What is IRC? What is an IRC Network?
- What services does QuakeNet have for its users?
- What user modes are available on QuakeNet?
- Why can't I remove channel mode +d?
- Why can't I see people joining my channel?
- Why do I get error 'bad username' when I try to connect to QuakeNet?
- Why do I receive "Cannot send to channel"?
- Why should I use QuakeNet?