How can I hide my hostname on QuakeNet?
QuakeNet provides a usermode which hides your host completely.
To use it, you must first be authed to Q. If you do not have a Q account, you must create one using Q's HELLO command. Once you are authed, do /MODE nickname +x
Once set, you will have confirmation that your hidden host is active as the server will send you a notice similiar to "authname.users.quakenet.org is now your hidden host". Other users will see you quit and then rejoin all channels you are in with your new host. We recommend you set this mode before joining any channels for maximum security.
Other help articles under Security
- Automatic authentication scripts
- Fake service messages.
- How can I hide my hostname on QuakeNet?
- How to choose a secure password?
- I have set user mode +x, how do I get my old hostname back?
- I keep getting messages containing links to pornographic websites. How do I stop them?
- Malicious scripts and code.
- Things not to do.
- What is an open proxy G-line for?
- Why do people try to crack Q accounts?