I have a trust but I keep getting glined for clones! What's wrong?
If you have a trust and keep getting glined for clones, this is probably because you are breaking the clone rule. A clone is when you have more than one connection from a single address (ident@host).
If you exceed your trustgroups
- total number of clones (the amount of clones allowed with the same hostmask) or;
- clones per ident (the amount of clones allowed with the same ident)
you WILL BE G-Lined. Repeated abuse of either the clonelimit or identlimit will result in the trust being revoked and all users on it G-lined.
Other help articles under Trusts
- Why am I being disconnected for exceeding my connection limit?
- Generic Hostnames
- How do I get a trust?
- How do I get a trust for my School/University/ISP?
- IDENT and Trusts
- I have a dynamic ADSL connection - can I get a trust?
- I have a trust but I keep getting glined for clones! What's wrong?
- I have a trust. How can I modify it?
- I'm at school and we keep getting banned! What do we do?
- Trust rules
- What is a trust?