I'm at school and we keep getting banned! What do we do?
Multiple connections to IRC from one place are called clones. If you are at a school or University and lots of people are trying to connect to QuakeNet, you will be banned when the number of people connecting is more than the 5 allowed.
Only your network administrator can request a trust for your school, however this is extremely unlikely to happen.
Other help articles under Trusts
- Why am I being disconnected for exceeding my connection limit?
- Generic Hostnames
- How do I get a trust?
- How do I get a trust for my School/University/ISP?
- IDENT and Trusts
- I have a dynamic ADSL connection - can I get a trust?
- I have a trust but I keep getting glined for clones! What's wrong?
- I have a trust. How can I modify it?
- I'm at school and we keep getting banned! What do we do?
- Trust rules
- What is a trust?