Hetzner regional IP bans (Updated: 2013/04/23)
UPDATE: after an internal discussion we have decided to unilaterally remove all Hetzner bans. All Hetzner clients can connect to any QuakeNet server. While we still strongly feel Hetzner require significant enhancements to their abuse handling procedures we have decided ...Read the rest 20 comments
Updated Connection Restrictions per IP Address
Hello! This is the first of a few news posts today after a little bleak spot in updates (sorry! our bad). While QuakeNet has enforced a strict limit of five connections per IP address (unless you are connecting to the network from a trusted IP address) we have been limiting some ISPs that dynamically assign IP addresses to lower limits due to some network abuse from a minority of users. These restrictions have recently been updated and are listed below for your reference. We apologise if you are unfairly affected, but we believe they are necessary to maintain a safe and happy QuakeNet.
- Telefonica (Spain) limited to ONE connection per IP address
- Wanadoo (France) limited to TWO connections per IP address
- Wanadoo (Holland) limited to ONE connection per IP address
- ONO (Spain) limited to ONE connection per IP address
- Bezeqint (Israel) limited to ONE connection per IP address
- Proxad (France) limited to ONE connection per IP address
- Deutsche Telekom (t-dialin, Germany) limited to TWO connections per IP address All other users are still limited to a maximum of five connections unless otherwise stated above.