25th annual QuakeCon! Celebrate the 25th annual QuakeCon with a global Super Stream, featuring 60 straight hours of nonstop live content from around the world. The schedule is packed with three days of celebrity influencer streams, live concerts, charity fundraising, ...Read the rest 0 comments
New partner: HostSailor
New partner and server from HostSailor The amazing people at HostSailor.com have joined QuakeNet as partners and sponsored a new server hosted in Bucharest, Romania. You can access the server using the hostname hostsailor.ro.quakenet.org and the server will be part ...Read the rest 0 comments
Updated Connection Restrictions per IP Address
Hello! This is the first of a few news posts today after a little bleak spot in updates (sorry! our bad). While QuakeNet has enforced a strict limit of five connections per IP address (unless you are connecting to the network from a trusted IP address) we have been limiting some ISPs that dynamically assign IP addresses to lower limits due to some network abuse from a minority of users. These restrictions have recently been updated and are listed below for your reference. We apologise if you are unfairly affected, but we believe they are necessary to maintain a safe and happy QuakeNet.
- Telefonica (Spain) limited to ONE connection per IP address
- Wanadoo (France) limited to TWO connections per IP address
- Wanadoo (Holland) limited to ONE connection per IP address
- ONO (Spain) limited to ONE connection per IP address
- Bezeqint (Israel) limited to ONE connection per IP address
- Proxad (France) limited to ONE connection per IP address
- Deutsche Telekom (t-dialin, Germany) limited to TWO connections per IP address All other users are still limited to a maximum of five connections unless otherwise stated above.