New server link
New Server stockholm.se.quakenet.org As of this week we are welcoming a new server to the game, its stockholm.se.quakenet.org kindly hosted by Sunet. While we are getting a new server, we are losing an old one. Since last week portlane.se.quakenet.org has ...Read the rest 0 comments
dreamhack.se delink It's with great sadness that we after almost 10 years of great service have to announce that dreamhack.se.quakenet.org will be delinking later this week. This is due to dreamhack restructuring their online services within Scandinavia. QuakeNet would like ...Read the rest 0 comments
Quiz about 90s movies
Quiz with theme: 90's Movies
Today, sunday the 13th, we had our fourth installment of quiznight, this time with the theme "90's movies".
Here you can see the questions we asked and the answers (the answers are at the bottom of this post, in case you want to take a shot).
We got a handful of new players, and we hope to see you next week in #qnet.quiz!
A new addition to the bot was that the answers could now be more than one word, which makes it easier to write up questions.
This theme had 20 questions, and our users had to guess the movie title based upon the plot.
Questions (answers at the bottom)
- The lives of two mob hitmen, a boxer, a gangster and his wife, and a pair of diner bandits intertwine in four tales of violence and redemption.
- Two detectives, a rookie and a veteran, hunt a serial killer who uses the seven deadly sins as his motives.
- Scottish warrior William Wallace leads his countrymen in a rebellion to free his homeland from the tyranny of King Edward I of England.
- A cowboy doll is profoundly threatened and jealous when a new spaceman figure supplants him as top toy in a boy's room.
- After discovering that an asteroid the size of Texas is going to impact Earth in less than a month, NASA recruits a misfit team of deep-core drillers to save the planet.
- Four teenage boys enter a pact to lose their virginity by prom night.
- To save her father from death in the army, a young maiden secretly goes in his place and becomes one of China's greatest heroines in the process.
- The son of Zeus and Hera is stripped of his immortality as an infant and must become a true hero in order to reclaim it.
- In a desperate attempt to win a basketball match and earn their freedom, the Looney Tunes seek the aid of retired basketball champion, Michael Jordan.
- An afterlife therapist and his daughter meet a friendly young ghost when they move into a crumbling mansion in order to rid the premises of wicked spirits.
- The presidencies of Kennedy and Johnson, the events of Vietnam, Watergate and other historical events unfold through the perspective of an Alabama man with an IQ of 75, whose only desire is to be reunited with his childhood sweetheart.
- The lives of guards on Death Row are affected by one of their charges: a black man accused of child murder and rape, yet who has a mysterious gift.
- A police officer joins a secret organization that polices and monitors extraterrestrial interactions on Earth.
- After a woman leaves a briefcase at the airport terminal, a dumb limo driver and his dumber friend set out on a hilarious cross-country road trip to Aspen to return it.
- When two kids find and play a magical board game, they release a man trapped in it for decades - and a host of dangers that can only be stopped by finishing the game.
- Jack Skellington, king of Halloween Town, discovers Christmas Town, but his attempts to bring Christmas to his home causes confusion.
- A fast-track lawyer can't lie for 24 hours due to his son's birthday wish after he disappoints his son for the last time.
- Newly paroled ex-con and former U.S. Ranger Cameron Poe finds himself trapped in a prisoner transport plane when the passengers seize control.
- Three company workers who hate their jobs decide to rebel against their greedy boss.
- How many films were released in the 90s (according to IMDb)?
Congratulations to the winner; sieni (18 correct answers), and the runner-ups Harakiron (17 correct answers) and TTL3, ScanX and bogus (15 correct answers).
(These lines were left blank intentionally to create some space down to the answers)
- Pulp Fiction
- Toy Story
- American Pie
- Space Jam
- Forrest Gump
- The Green Mile
- Men in Black
- Dumb and Dumber
- The Nightmare before Christmas
- Liar Liar
- Con Air
- Office Space