New server link
New Server stockholm.se.quakenet.org As of this week we are welcoming a new server to the game, its stockholm.se.quakenet.org kindly hosted by Sunet. While we are getting a new server, we are losing an old one. Since last week portlane.se.quakenet.org has ...Read the rest 0 comments
dreamhack.se delink It's with great sadness that we after almost 10 years of great service have to announce that dreamhack.se.quakenet.org will be delinking later this week. This is due to dreamhack restructuring their online services within Scandinavia. QuakeNet would like ...Read the rest 0 comments
Quiz about Space
Quiz with theme: Space
Today, sunday the 27th, we had our sixth installment of quiznight, this time with the theme "Space".
Here you can see the questions we asked and the answers (the answers are at the bottom of this post, in case you want to take a shot).
Sadly we had a few mishaps (typos on answers, questions cut short). But we're gonna try and fix a function so we can alter scores until next quiz.
This theme had 20 questions, and this week we made it easier than last week.
Questions (answers at the bottom)
- We've forgotten what Earth's name is in Latin, can you please tell us?
- What planet is closest to Earth?
- The biggest planet in our solar system?
- This planet is tilted sideways.
- A new telescope will be launched next year, who's it named after?
- This dwarf planet used to be a planet.
- This space probe was the first one to give us high resolution images of Pluto.
- These twin probes were launched almost at the same time, which one of them are the furthest away from Earth?
- What's the european counter part for NASA (abbreviation)?
- What space probe did ESA launch, 2004, with the mission of studying a comet up close?
- This rover landed on Mars in 2004 and was fully functional for 14 years longer than expected.
- This rover will land on mars in February 2021.
- This moon, one of two moons of this planet, is slowly getting pulled closer and will eventually crash into the planet.
- What is the other moon called, which weirdly enough is slowly escaping the planet?
- What name did the NASA space shuttle have that exploded just after launch, killing all 7 crew members?
- Between what planets can you find the Asteroid Belt (please answer with t (this question got cut off, missing these parts: two names, separated by a space, with the smaller planet first)
- The only object in the Asteroid Belt to be large enough to be considered a dwarf planet?
- If you rule out our closest star, this comes second in place as our next door neighbour?
- An exploding star is called?
- [TIEBREAKER] How many AU (Astronomical units) are Voyager 1 from earth when this question was written?
Congratulations to the winner; cubes` (12 correct answers), and the runner-ups chof (10 correct answers), MysteryHunter and defect (9 points each).
(These lines were left blank intentionally to create some space down to the answers)
- James Webb
- New Horizons
- Voyager 1
- Oppertunity (we spelled this answer wrong, it is supposed to be Opportunity)
- Mars Jupiter
- Proxima Centauri