Quiz about Geography
Quiz with theme: Geography
Today, sunday the 4th, we had our seventh installment of quiznight, this time with the theme "Geography".
Here you can see the questions we asked and the answers (the answers are at the bottom of this post, in case you want to take a shot).
This week we had a new feature allowing questions to be over multiple lines, with options (to make it easier).
This theme had 20 questions, and this week we made it easier than last week.
Questions (answers at the bottom)
- The worlds largest island is?
- Which country has the most lakes in Europe?
- Which of these is NOT a Caribbean island?
- This European capital was built up across 14 islands?
- The "DC" in Washington DC stands for?
- The longest international border is between Russia and Kazakhstan?
- The Canary Islands belong to Spain, but they are much closer to this country?
- Which current lowers the temperature near the north-east coast of North America?
B) Gulf Stream
- Only country that ends its name with a Q?
- In what ocean can you find the Seychelles?
- Which country drinks the most beer per capita?
D) Czech Republic
- Worlds largest waterfall can be found in this country?
- What percentage of the world’s freshwater is stored as glacial ice?
- Ouagadougou is the capital of this country?
- Which of the following countries has the most McDonalds?
- This continent is the only one with no permanent human habitation?
- Indonesia is known to have the most _ in the world?
- Tegucigalpa is the capital of which country?
B) Costa Rica
- The EL Nino phenomena that brings warm currents to Europe originates from this ocean?
- [TIEBREAKER] How many metres do you get if you add the known depth of the Mariana Trench and the height of Mt. Everest?
Congratulations to the winner; chof` (12 correct answers), and the runner-ups jal (11 correct answers) and stm (10 correct answers).
Thanks to everyone who participated and we hope to see you for our next quiz in #qnet.quiz
(These lines were left blank intentionally to create some space down to the answers)
- District of Columbia
- Indian Ocean
- Burkina Faso
- Pacific Ocean