New server link
New Server stockholm.se.quakenet.org As of this week we are welcoming a new server to the game, its stockholm.se.quakenet.org kindly hosted by Sunet. While we are getting a new server, we are losing an old one. Since last week portlane.se.quakenet.org has ...Read the rest 3 comments
dreamhack.se delink It's with great sadness that we after almost 10 years of great service have to announce that dreamhack.se.quakenet.org will be delinking later this week. This is due to dreamhack restructuring their online services within Scandinavia. QuakeNet would like ...Read the rest 1 comments
Quiz about J.R.R. Tolkien
Quiz with theme: J.R.R. Tolkien
This quiz was made by stm.
Here you can see the questions we asked and the answers (the answers are at the bottom of this post, in case you want to take a shot).
Questions (answers at the bottom)
- Where was Tolkien born?
C) New Zealand
D) South Africa
- God of Tolkien's Universe?
- The last elven kingdom to fall in Beleriand?
- What are Silmarils?
D) Elven tribes
- Who crafted the Silmarils?
- At what age did maritime kingdom of Numenor exist?
- Largest dragon in Tolkien universe?
- How was world "made to be"?
- Which famous fantasy writer J.R.R. Tolkien knew in real life?
A) Robert. E. Howard
B) H.P. Lovecraft
C) C.S. Lewis
D) George Orwell
- Shape of the island of Numenor?
- What is carved on Tolkien's tombstone?
A) Beren & Luthien
B) Master of imagination
C) Creator of Worlds
D) Beloved by family and friends
- Light inside Silmarils comes from?
- Valar of water?
- Scene skipped in LotR movies that was in the book trilogy?
A) Turin Turambar
B) Old Forest
C) Lake Town
- Tolkien got his inspiration to Children of Hurin from?
C) Ancient Rome
D) British Empire
- Who continued his fathers work?
- What are Naugrim?
- At what age did the events of LotR take place?
- Did Tolkien ever attempt to write a sequel to Lotr?
- How many Silmarils are there?
- Western area of world no longer accessible to other but elves after events of 2nd age?
Congratulations to the winners; slackfam and Ray (21 correct answers), and the runner-ups [TAA]Cuba (18 correct answers) and defect (12 correct answers).
Thanks to everyone who participated and we hope to see you for our next quiz in #qnet.quiz
(These lines were left blank intentionally to create some space down to the answers)