dreamhack.se delink It's with great sadness that we after almost 10 years of great service have to announce that dreamhack.se.quakenet.org will be delinking later this week. This is due to dreamhack restructuring their online services within Scandinavia. QuakeNet would like ...Read the rest 0 comments
Quiz about the year 1968
Quiz with theme: The year 1968
24th quiz was made by AimHere and about The year 1968!
Here you can see the questions we asked and the answers (the answers are at the bottom of this post, in case you want to take a shot).
Questions (answers at the bottom)
- Director Stanley Kubrick and writer Arthur C Clarke collaborated on which 1968 science fiction movie?
A) Planet of the Apes
B) Silent Running
C) The Andromeda Strain
D) 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Yuri Gagarin, the first man in space, died in 1968. How?
A) Crashed into a tree while test-driving a sports car
B) Crashed while flying in a military jet aircraft
C) Crashed when his Soyuz space capsule's parachute failed on reentry
D) Run over by a lorry when cycling in Novosibirsk
- Which Warsaw Pact nation did the Soviet Union invade in 1968 when it's government instituted a programme of democratic reforms?
C) East Germany
- What avant-garde intellectual movement, which was founded by Guy Debord and analysed consumer society as a 'spectacle', heavily i nfluenced the May 1968 riots in Paris?
D) Cultural Marxism
- Which 1968 Beatles double album was used as the centrepiece of cult leader Charles Manson's murderous prophecies?
B) The White Album
C) Rubber Soul
D) Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
- In which Vietnamese settlement did Lieutenant William Calley lead a US army company in a massacre of hundreds of civilians in Mar ch 1968?
A) My Lai
B) Khe Sanh
D) Da Nang
- 1968's Best Foreign Language Film Oscar went to a Soviet adaptation of Tolstoy's 'War and Peace'. Which conflict is depicted in ' War and Peace'?
A) The Russian Civil War
B) World War 1
C) The Crimean War
D) Napoleon's Invasion of Russia
- Which counterculture road movie prominently used Steppenwolf's 1968 single 'Born to be Wild' in it's soundtrack?
A) Five Easy Pieces
B) Two Lane Blacktop
C) Easy Rider
D) Electra Glide in Blue
- Rock band Led Zeppelin were formed in 1968 under a different name, which they changed because it was too similar to another band. What was their original name?
A) The New Yardbirds
B) The New Animals
C) The New Byrds
D) The New Originals
- Which major electronics and semiconductor company was founded by Gordon Moore in 1968?
A) Advanced Micro Devices, Inc
B) Intel Corporation
C) Samsung Electronics Co, Ltd
D) Arm Limited
- George Romero released the first in his renowned series of zombie movies in 1968. What was it called?
A) Land of the Dead
B) Night of the Living Dead
C) Dawn of the Dead
D) Day of the Dead
- In 1968, for the first time, a single topped the US Billboard music charts after the artist had died. What was the song?
A) (Take Me Home) Country Roads by John Denver
B) Peggy Sue Got Married by Buddy Holly
C) (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding
D) Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Richard Nixon won the 1968 United States Presidential election. Who was his vice-presidential running mate in that election?
A) Gerald Ford
B) Barry Goldwater
C) Spiro Agnew
D) Hubert Humphrey
- Which of these android-based science fiction movies was based on Philip K Dick's 1968 novel 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep ?'
C) Ex Machina
D) The Stepford Wives
- Civil Rights Leader Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated in Memphis in 1968. Who was convicted of his assassination?
A) James Earl Ray
B) Lee Harvey Oswald
C) Jerry Lee Lewis
D) John Wilkes Booth
- In the infamous 'Chicago Seven' trial of Democratic Convention protesters, why did the judge order the 'eighth' defendant, Bobby Seale, to be gagged and shackled?
A) Inciting the jury and the public gallery to overthrow the courtroom
B) Fighting with the other seven defendants
C) Protesting his lack of legal representation
D) Trying to attack the judge
- Film star Will Smith was born in 1968. Before he became an actor, he was a rapper. Which act was he a part of?
A) DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince
B) De La Soul
C) Public Enemy
D) Run DMC
- What controversial incident happened during the 1968 Summer Olympic Games?
A) Palestinian terrorists took Israeli athletes hostage inside the Olympic compound
B) Two medal-winning sprinters gave a 'Black Power' salute on the podium
C) The East German gymnastics team tried to defect the west
D) Some countries boycotted the Olympics in protest to Russian military aggression
- The first interracial kiss on US Television famously happened in a 1968 episode of 'Star Trek' between William Shatner and Niche lle Nichols. What was the episode's name?
A) The Naked Time
B) Plato's Stepchildren
C) A Piece of the Action
D) Space Seed
- Pringles was first sold in 1968. Which of these facts is NOT true?
A) Brad Pitt appeared shirtless in a Pringles commercial before he was famous
B) The inventor of the Pringles tube was buried in a giant Pringles tube
C) The creator of the Pringles cooking machine was an award-winning science fiction author
D) The original Pringles logo depicted a barnstorming aviation pioneer
- 1968 was the start of a five-year epidemic of aircraft hijackings. According to the Aviation Safety Database, how many hijacking incidents took place in 1968?
Congratulations to the winners; Willeyedoney, [TAA]Cuba and stm (14 correct answers each), and the runner-ups Godin (13 correct answers), jal and ollllli (11 correct answers each).
Thanks to everyone who participated and we hope to see you for our next quiz in #qnet.quiz
(These lines were left blank intentionally to create some space down to the answers)