Quiz about Valentines Day
Quiz with theme: Valentiens Day/Love
25th quiz was about Valentines Day with help from stm!
Here you can see the questions we asked and the answers (the answers are at the bottom of this post, in case you want to take a shot).
Questions (answers at the bottom)
- In Greek mythology, who is the god of love?
- Men buy more Valentine's Day cards than women.
- In which year did Pope Gelasius declare February 14th to be St. Valentine’s Day?
A) 214 BC
B) 967 AD
C) 1292 AD
D) 498 AD
- Which U.S. President lost both his wife and mother on Valentine's Day?
A) Warren Harding
B) Theodore Roosevelt
C) Gerald Ford
D) William McKinley
- In the Simpsons episode ‘I Love Lisa’, who does Lisa give a Valentine’s Day card to that says ‘I choo choo choose you’?
A) Nelson Muntz
B) Martin Prince
C) Ralph Wiggum
D) Milhouse Van Houten
- The word unlove means "to cease to love."
- Which word used to mean sweetheart or darling?
- In which country Valentine's Day is more about friends than lovers?
- Al Bundy claimed he had what for Peggy, when he forgot Valentine's Day?
B) Motor oil
D) Dollar bill
- In TV -show Married with Children, Jefferson D'arcy bought what to Marcy for Valentine?
A) Crystal Penguin
B) Pink Teddy Bear
C) Erotic Dress
D) Golden Turtle
- Bud Bundy got Valentine's Day card from girl he liked, who forgot to give him that card?
A) Girl herself
B) His sister Kelly
C) Bud's dad
D) Bud's mom
- In "The One With The Candy Hearts", Joey sets up Chandler on a blind date with?
A) Jill Goodacre
D) Mary Angela
- In Japan it is traditional for what to happen on Valentine's Day?
A) There's a big parade
B) Only women give gifts
C) Nothing. It is not celebrated
D) Lovers enjoy formal tea ceremonies
- In South Africa, how is love professed on Valentine's Day?
A) Taking out classified ads
B) Tattooing your sweetheart's name on your wrist
C) Pinning the name of your sweethearts on your sleeves
D) By giving roses and singing a song
- Which American mobster is forever linked to the Saint Valentine's Day Massacre of 1929?
A) Pablo Escobar
B) Baby Face Nelson
C) Al Capone
D) Bugs Moran
- What flower is most associated with Valentine's Day?
- Which of these countries does not celebrate Valentine's Day?
C) New Zealand
- Valentine's Day has its roots in an ancient __ festival
- Valentine's Day has been named after Saint Valentine, a priest who was believed to have secretly helped __ couples get married
- This was a move against the Roman Emperor _ because the emperor did not allow men to get married.
C) Claudius II
Congratulations to the winner; Alexer (13 correct answers), and the runner-ups [TAA]Cuba and KobraMan (11 correct answers each), Lewdmilla, TheDarkOne and AimHere (10 correct answers each).
Thanks to everyone who participated and we hope to see you for our next quiz in #qnet.quiz
(These lines were left blank intentionally to create some space down to the answers)