New server link
New Server stockholm.se.quakenet.org As of this week we are welcoming a new server to the game, its stockholm.se.quakenet.org kindly hosted by Sunet. While we are getting a new server, we are losing an old one. Since last week portlane.se.quakenet.org has ...Read the rest 0 comments
dreamhack.se delink It's with great sadness that we after almost 10 years of great service have to announce that dreamhack.se.quakenet.org will be delinking later this week. This is due to dreamhack restructuring their online services within Scandinavia. QuakeNet would like ...Read the rest 0 comments
Quiz about Aviation
Quiz with theme: Aviation
27th quiz was about Aviation (and made by AimHere)!
Here you can see the questions we asked and the answers (the answers are at the bottom of this post, in case you want to take a shot).
Questions (answers at the bottom)
- Which test pilot was the first person to break the sound barrier?
A) Frank Whittle
B) Chuck Yeager
C) Douglas Bader
D) Jim Lovell
- As of 2019, what is the busiest airport in the world, by international passenger traffic?
A) Heathrow Airport, London
B) Haneda Airport, Tokyo
C) JFK Airport, New York
D) Dubai International Airport
- Who directed the 2016 film 'Sully', about the 'Miracle on the Hudson' air crash?
A) Steven Spielberg
B) Michael Bay
C) Clint Eastwood
D) Paul Greengrass
- What aspect of flight do ailerons control?
- The Sikorsky aircraft manufacturer is mostly associated with which type of aircraft?
B) Business jets
C) Hot air balloons
- What is the term for a flying machine that operates by flapping its wings?
- Which (now defunct) international airport was the default start location for Microsoft's early flight simulator games?
A) Kai Tak Airport, Hong Kong
B) Berlin Tempelhof Airport, Berlin
C) Meigs Field, Chicago
D) Stapleton International Airport, Denver
- In which US state is the town of Kitty Hawk, where the Wright Brothers flew the first airplane in 1903?
B) North Carolina
D) New Jersey
- What is the most produced civil aircraft in the world, with over 44,000 airframes produced?
A) Cessna 172
B) Douglas DC-3
C) Piper J-3 Cub
D) Boeing 737
- What is the most produced military aircraft in the world, with over 36,000 airframes produced?
A) Ilyushin IL-2
B) Consolidated B-24 Liberator
C) Messerschmidt BF-109
D) Douglas DC-3
- Which aviation pioneer was denounced by President Roosevelt in 1941 for their outspoken political views?
A) Wilbur Wright
B) Amelia Earhart
C) Charles Lindberg
D) Howard Hughes
- Which of these avionics systems is used by pilots to control their landing descent rate and direction?
- There have only ever been two supersonic jet airliners in service. The anglo-french Aerospatiale/BAC Concorde was one. Which Soviet design bureau created the other?
- Vesna Vulovic has the world record for surviving the longest fall from an aircraft without a parachute. From what height?
A) 20,320 m
B) 5,080 m
C) 10,160 m
D) 15,240 m
- What act is associated with the name D B Cooper?
A) Shooting down the Red Baron's Fokker Triplane
B) Stealing a plane to crash into his workplace
C) Flying a private plane to Moscow without clearance
D) Parachuting out of a hijacked airliner
- What is a pitot tube on an aircraft usually used to measure?
B) Angle of Attack
C) Roll Angle
- Variants of which model of Boeing Aircraft were grounded in February 2021 after a high profile engine failure?
A) Boeing 757
B) Boeing 747
C) Boeing 737
D) Boeing 777
- What is the name of the scientific principle that the pressure of air moving over a surface decreases as it's speed increases?
A) Bernoulli's Principle
B) Boyle's Law
C) Lagrangian Mechanics
D) Maxwell's Equations
- What is 'flaring' with respect to airport runways?
A) Emergency night lighting
B) Anti-missile countermeasures
C) Grooved concrete ridges to increase friction
D) Adjusting the pitch of an aircraft just before touchdown
- In the 1980 movie 'Airplane', which former professional athlete played co-pilot Roger Murdock?
A) O. J. Simpson
B) Muhammad Ali
C) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
D) Bubba Smith
- How many confirmed kills are credited to World War 1 fighter ace Manfred von Richthofen - the 'Red Baron'?
Congratulations to the winner; micronesia (16 correct answers), and the runner-ups [TAA]Cuba (14 correct answers) and defect and MrBad (9 correct answers each).
Thanks to everyone who participated and we hope to see you for our next quiz in #qnet.quiz
(These lines were left blank intentionally to create some space down to the answers)