More identd information
As requested by some users, I'm attaching some identd related information.
- First of all, RFC 1413 - Identification Protocol
- A list of some common ident daemons can be found on Freshmeat
- Of you are running a firewall setup of some kind, it may be configured to block access to the auth/ident port, 113, so be sure to check for this if you have problems
- On perhaps the most common shell provider OS architechture, Red Hat Linux, enabling identd can be done by the root user with linuxconf
- On Debian Linux, identd can be activated by installing the apt-get package pidentd