Automatic authentication scripts
Scripts that automatically AUTH you to Q without any user input should not be used under any circumstance. This also includes mIRC's perform mechanism. This is one of the main causes of lost accounts.
If you want to make authing semi-automatic, you can have a look at the special page which can be found here. There you can find some premade scripts for that purpose.
Other help articles under Security
- Automatic authentication scripts
- Fake service messages.
- How can I hide my hostname on QuakeNet?
- How to choose a secure password?
- I have set user mode +x, how do I get my old hostname back?
- I keep getting messages containing links to pornographic websites. How do I stop them?
- Malicious scripts and code.
- Things not to do.
- What is an open proxy G-line for?
- Why do people try to crack Q accounts?