Managing your Q account.
After you've created your new account, Q will send a link to a website where you can get your password sent to the email address that you supplied in the HELLO command. If you're using a Hotmail based e-mail, check your "Junk mail" folder for Q's mail.
As soon as you receive this e-mail, you should change the password on the account straight away to something that you will remember, and is 6-10 characters long (longer passwords are allowed, but only the first 10 characters are matched). Remember, passwords are case-sensitive, try using a combination of uppercase(ABC), lowercase(abc), numbers(435) and special characters(#%!). Q will warn you if you set too weak a password.
/MSG Q@CServe.quakenet.org NEWPASS
If your password is currently set to 123abC, and you wish to change it to 321xYz, you would use:
/MSG Q@CServe.quakenet.org NEWPASS 123abC 321xYz 321xYz
Upon authing, Q will warn you if you have a weak password.
Once you have completed the above procedure, delete the email that Q sent you.
Other help articles under Q
- Can I move Q to another channel?
- How do I remove Q from a channel?
- How do I request Q?
- How to register an account with Q?
- Managing your Q account.
- My Q account has been compromised and accessed! What do I do?
- My Q account is suspended!
- Q has left my channel, why?
- Setting the contact e-mail address.
- Why don't you make Q accounts more secure?