Setting the contact e-mail address.
If you ever need to recover your password, then you must have a valid contact e-mail address for us to send it to you. Always remember the contact e-mail that you used to create your Q account, and always keep it up to date when you decide to switch to another provider. Alternatively, if you wish to view the currently set e-mail address, you can use Q's WHOAMI command.
/msg Q WHOAMI /msg Q EMAIL
If you wish to find out what e-mail is currently set for your account, you would use:
/msg Q WHOAMI
If you wish to change your e-mail to email@example.com, and your Q password was 123xYz you would use:
/msg Q@CServe.quakenet.org EMAIL 123xYz firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
This help article's short URL is http://quakenet.org/help/80
Other help articles under Q
- Can I move Q to another channel?
- How do I remove Q from a channel?
- How do I request Q?
- How to register an account with Q?
- Managing your Q account.
- My Q account has been compromised and accessed! What do I do?
- My Q account is suspended!
- Q has left my channel, why?
- Setting the contact e-mail address.
- Why don't you make Q accounts more secure?