I have set user mode +x, how do I get my old hostname back?
Once +x has been set, it may not be deactivated. The only way to get your original host back is to reconnect to IRC, or if you are using a bouncer, "jump" it.
Other help articles under Security
- Automatic authentication scripts
- Fake service messages.
- How can I hide my hostname on QuakeNet?
- How to choose a secure password?
- I have set user mode +x, how do I get my old hostname back?
- I keep getting messages containing links to pornographic websites. How do I stop them?
- Malicious scripts and code.
- Things not to do.
- What is an open proxy G-line for?
- Why do people try to crack Q accounts?