This FAQ has been written to help you increase your awareness of self-security and security in general.
Please note that keeping your account secure is up to you, the user, and cannot be achieved by anyone/thing else. The details included herein are simply guidelines and useful information. No amount of client code, fancy commands or magic will secure your account for you.
Other help articles under Security
- Automatic authentication scripts
- Fake service messages.
- How can I hide my hostname on QuakeNet?
- How to choose a secure password?
- I have set user mode +x, how do I get my old hostname back?
- I keep getting messages containing links to pornographic websites. How do I stop them?
- Malicious scripts and code.
- Things not to do.
- What is an open proxy G-line for?
- Why do people try to crack Q accounts?