I've lost my password!
The only way to recover the password for your Q account is to use the REQUESTPASSWORD feature. This will send the password of any account associated with the provided email address to that email address. The email address is the same as when the account was created, unless you have changed it using the EMAIL command.
- You MUST have a valid email address set (before you lost the password).
- You must remember what email address you registered with your username.
How to retrieve your password:
Type /msg Q REQUESTPASSWORD email@example.com to have Q send the password linked to the specified email address.
Operators will not recover a Q account password. If you have forgotten your password and do not know your email address, then you will have to create a new Q account and have all your flags restored by the various channel owners.
If you are the only owner on a channel, and you can not recover your password by using the REQUESTPASSWORD command, you will need to wait until the previous owner account expires (after 180 days), and then have someone with master or op flags use the REQUESTOWNER command.
These will allow you to recover access to your channel, and are the only way. We do not recover lost/inaccessible accounts or the flags on them.
Other help articles under General Help
- Can I join QuakeNet staff?
- Can I register my nickname?
- Can you give me flags on #channel?
- Contact information.
- Do you support IPv6?
- How do I add/remove someone on a channel?
- How do I link a server to QuakeNet?
- How do I register my channel?
- How do I set/unset channel/user modes?
- I am banned from a channel for no reason, why?
- I'm G/K-lined, what can I do?
- I own a channel - what are my responsibilities?
- I've banned a user, but he keeps on rejoining. What to do?
- I've lost my password!
- I want a channel but there is already someone in it. What can I do?
- My channel is G-lined, what can I do?
- My #channel is suspended/G-lined!
- Nobody has ops in my channel, what can I do?
- People are flooding me, what can I do?
- People are join/part flooding my channel, help!
- Someone has taken my nick.
- Someone is abusive towards me, what should I do?
- Someone took over our channel!
- There is only Q/someone on a channel, can I have that channel?
- What are IRC Operators?
- What are the official channels?
- What channel modes are available on QuakeNet?
- What do those G-line reasons mean?
- What do those quit messages mean?
- What do those symbols before channels in a WHOIS mean?
- What is a g/k-line?
- What is a 'mask'?
- What is a QuakeNet account?
- What is IRC? What is an IRC Network?
- What services does QuakeNet have for its users?
- What user modes are available on QuakeNet?
- Why can't I remove channel mode +d?
- Why can't I see people joining my channel?
- Why do I get error 'bad username' when I try to connect to QuakeNet?
- Why do I receive "Cannot send to channel"?
- Why should I use QuakeNet?