Change/view the flags on a channel.
/msg Q CHANFLAGS <#channel> [+|-<flags>]
<#channel>- The channel to view or edit the flags of.
<flags>- The flags to add or remove to the channel.
- +a - AUTO-OP - Automatically ops any user who has op access when they join the channel. Same effect as giving all ops the auto-op CHANLEV (
- +b - BITCH - Prevents users who don't have operator access on the channel from being opped (automatically deops them).
- +c - AUTO-LIMIT - Enables automatic limit feature - updates the channel limit at regular intervals to keep a certain number of free spaces. This can mitigate the effect of join floods. Set parameters with AUTOLIMIT command.
- +e - ENFORCE - Enforces bans on the channel. Any user who is banned will be kicked automatically.
- +f - FORCE TOPIC - Prevents channel ops from changing the topic. The SETTOPIC command must be used instead.
- +g - AUTO-VOICE - Automatically voices any user who has voice access when they join the channel. Same effect as giving all voices the auto-voice CHANLEV (
- +h - ACHIEVEMENTS - Enables the achievement system.
- +j - JOINED - Causes Q to be inside the channel once requested. Cannot be removed.
- +k - KNOWN ONLY - Any user joining the channel who is not at least known (
+k) on the CHANLEV list will be kicked. Unless channel mode
+iis set, they will be banned as well.
- +p - PROTECT - Any user with voice (
+v) or operator (
+o) access will have that status enforced on the channel at all times. Same effect as giving all ops and voices the protect CHANLEV (
- +t - TOPIC SAVE - Saves the topic when it changes. Such saved topics can be restored via SETTOPIC, or when the bot rejoins when a channel has been left empty.
- +v - VOICEALL - Automatically grants voice (
+v) on the channel to any user who enters, unless they have quiet CHANLEV (
- +w - WELCOME - Sends the welcome message to users joining the channel. See WELCOME.
The flags are specified in the normal way - e.g.
+f-b and so on.
Note: Previous versions of Q included the ability to enforce limits and keys using
+l CHANFLAGS flags. This functionality is now available via the CHANMODE command.
To view the CHANFLAGS flags you must have at least the op flag (
+o) in the CHANLEV list on the channel.
To edit the CHANFLAGS flags you must have at least the master flag (
+m) in the CHANLEV list on the channel.
This command will show the CHANFLAGS flags for channel #channel:
`/msg Q CHANFLAGS #channel`
This command will add the VOICEALL CHANFLAGS flag for channel #channel:
`/msg Q CHANFLAGS #channel +v`
This command will add the BITCH mode and remove the KNOWN ONLY CHANFLAGS flags on channel #channel:
`/msg Q CHANFLAGS #channel +b-f`
Trying to set a limit using the CHANFLAGS command:
`/msg Q CHANFLAGS #channel +l 1` `-Q- Nothing changed. Your requested flag combination change was either the same as the existing flags, impossible, or you don't have enough access.`
Other help articles under Q Commands