Someone is abusive towards me, what should I do?
There are many ways of being "abusive". Typically it means advertising, flooding, insulting and/or threatening. Sadly, there are always people who want to spoil the fun for all the others by harassing them or by "revenging" something. Usually, if it's just one individual letting the steam out, it's just best to ignore him/her and he/she will probably cool down in a few minutes.
If the abuse is massive and setting user mode +R and/or banning him doesn't help, you can come to #help and ask for a #feds ticket to report it. Try to remember that the #feds staff can't dig into every abuse case, so please first make sure that you've done all you can to make the abuse stop before asking for a #feds ticket.
Also remember that "/ignore nick" is your best friend when someone is causing you problems.
Other help articles under General Help
- Can I join QuakeNet staff?
- Can I register my nickname?
- Can you give me flags on #channel?
- Contact information.
- Do you support IPv6?
- How do I add/remove someone on a channel?
- How do I link a server to QuakeNet?
- How do I register my channel?
- How do I set/unset channel/user modes?
- I am banned from a channel for no reason, why?
- I'm G/K-lined, what can I do?
- I own a channel - what are my responsibilities?
- I've banned a user, but he keeps on rejoining. What to do?
- I've lost my password!
- I want a channel but there is already someone in it. What can I do?
- My channel is G-lined, what can I do?
- My #channel is suspended/G-lined!
- Nobody has ops in my channel, what can I do?
- People are flooding me, what can I do?
- People are join/part flooding my channel, help!
- Someone has taken my nick.
- Someone is abusive towards me, what should I do?
- Someone took over our channel!
- There is only Q/someone on a channel, can I have that channel?
- What are IRC Operators?
- What are the official channels?
- What channel modes are available on QuakeNet?
- What do those G-line reasons mean?
- What do those quit messages mean?
- What do those symbols before channels in a WHOIS mean?
- What is a g/k-line?
- What is a 'mask'?
- What is a QuakeNet account?
- What is IRC? What is an IRC Network?
- What services does QuakeNet have for its users?
- What user modes are available on QuakeNet?
- Why can't I remove channel mode +d?
- Why can't I see people joining my channel?
- Why do I get error 'bad username' when I try to connect to QuakeNet?
- Why do I receive "Cannot send to channel"?
- Why should I use QuakeNet?