What user modes are available on QuakeNet?
User mode +d
You will not receive channel notices or messages.
Usage: /MODE nickname +d
Queries and private messages will still be received. Users who have this mode set will have a - symbol next to every channel in thier WHOIS result.
User mode +i
No normal user can find you using /WHO, /NAMES or similar search facilities. This user mode is now activated for all clients which connect to QuakeNet and cannot be disabled.
User mode +R
Only allows users authed with Q to PRIVMSG/NOTICE/INVITE/CTCP you.
Usage: /MODE nickname +R
A useful mode if virus drones are PRIVMSG'ing virus links to you, or you are being spammed by unauthed users via PRIVMSG or NOTICE.
User mode +w
Allows you to receive walluser message sent by IRC operators.
Usage: /MODE nickname +w
User mode +x
Changes your host to "authname.users.quakenet.org", where authname is your Q account name.
Usage: /MODE nickname +x
Users will see you quit and rejoin IRC with this new host. You are advised to set this mode before entering any channels for maximum security. Once this mode is set, it cannot be deactivated. To remove the hidden host you must reconnect to IRC, or "jump" your bouncer.
Other help articles under General Help
- Can I join QuakeNet staff?
- Can I register my nickname?
- Can you give me flags on #channel?
- Contact information.
- Do you support IPv6?
- How do I add/remove someone on a channel?
- How do I link a server to QuakeNet?
- How do I register my channel?
- How do I set/unset channel/user modes?
- I am banned from a channel for no reason, why?
- I'm G/K-lined, what can I do?
- I own a channel - what are my responsibilities?
- I've banned a user, but he keeps on rejoining. What to do?
- I've lost my password!
- I want a channel but there is already someone in it. What can I do?
- My channel is G-lined, what can I do?
- My #channel is suspended/G-lined!
- Nobody has ops in my channel, what can I do?
- People are flooding me, what can I do?
- People are join/part flooding my channel, help!
- Someone has taken my nick.
- Someone is abusive towards me, what should I do?
- Someone took over our channel!
- There is only Q/someone on a channel, can I have that channel?
- What are IRC Operators?
- What are the official channels?
- What channel modes are available on QuakeNet?
- What do those G-line reasons mean?
- What do those quit messages mean?
- What do those symbols before channels in a WHOIS mean?
- What is a g/k-line?
- What is a 'mask'?
- What is a QuakeNet account?
- What is IRC? What is an IRC Network?
- What services does QuakeNet have for its users?
- What user modes are available on QuakeNet?
- Why can't I remove channel mode +d?
- Why can't I see people joining my channel?
- Why do I get error 'bad username' when I try to connect to QuakeNet?
- Why do I receive "Cannot send to channel"?
- Why should I use QuakeNet?